David Woods’s legal career has always been focused on real estate. He was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar in 2000 after graduating from the University of North Carolina School of Law. David practiced real estate law at a larger firm until the spring of 2018 when he and Jason Moss left to form Moss Woods PLLC.
David handles all commercial real estate transactions and commercial title examinations for the firm. Offering clients a “one-stop shop” for title and commercial real estate matters, he serves the entire state of North Carolina.
David regularly assists with title certifications, acquisition, financing, development, leasing and disposition of all types of commercial real estate. Additionally, David represents banks and other lenders in connection with commercial real estate lending transactions. His clients include title insurance companies, banks, buyers, sellers, borrowers, landlords and tenants of commercial real estate.
David has also been a leader in the North Carolina Bar Association. He is a past member of the North Carolina Bar Association Board of Governors and the North Carolina Bar Foundation Board of Directors. During the last two years of his term, David was on the Executive Committee of each Board. Prior to his election to the NCBA Board of Governors, David was Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section, the largest section of the NCBA.
As evidence of the respect of his peers, David has been elected to Business North Cariolina’s “Legal Elite”. He also holds Martindale – Hubhell’s highest rating of AV Preeminent.
Most of David’s clients are title insurance companies, banks, or developers/owners. Although he appreciates all his clients, he admits a certain fondness for community bankers: “I love community bankers; in fact, I love them so much, I married one.” David’s wife, Susan Woods, is also part of the Moss Woods firm.
David lives in Oak Ridge with his wife Susan. He attends First Baptist Church of Summerfield. Additionally, he has served as Discussion Group Leader in Bible Study Fellowship International for six years.
- Lenoir-Rhyne College (now Lenoir-Rhyne University), B.A., 1997
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2000
- North Carolina (2000)
- United States Supreme Court (2005)
- United States Tax Court (2005)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2006)
North Carolina Bar Association Leadership:
- Board of Governors, North Carolina Bar Association (2015-2018)
- Executive Committee (2016-2018)
- Board of Directors, North Carolina Bar Foundation (2015-2018)
- Executive Committee (2016-2018)
- Chair, Real Property Section (2013-2014)
- Vice Chair, Real Property Section (2012-2013)
- Treasurer, Real Property Section (2011-2012)
- Chair, Real Property Section Continuing Legal Education Committee (2009-2011)
- Chair, Real Property Section Annual Meeting Committee (2008-2009)
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, Real Estate Law (2016, 2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
- Avvo Rating 10 out of 10
- First Baptist Church of Summerfield
- Bible Study Fellowship, Discussion Group Leader (2011-2016, 2017-2018)
Harvard Negotiation Institute, Negotiation Essentials Workshop, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2010)
David is my go to legal partner for real estate closings. His knowledge and responsiveness are second to none. He goes above and beyond to ensure things are documented and processed correctly. If you are looking for a reliable legal partner, then David is your guy!
David is our first choice in real estate attorneys to provide us with accurate, knowledgeable opinions and complete documentation for our more complex commercial transactions.